What We Do
How does Oklahoma Educators Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Oklahoma Educators Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or show your government-issued ID
- apply for financing or provide account information
- make deposits or withdrawals from your account
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Our affiliates include other companies, such as Educators Insurance Agency, LLC DBA Legacy Insurance of Oklahoma.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Oklahoma Educators Credit Union does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include credit card companies, loan recapture programs, and insurance companies.
Internet Security Statement
Confidentiality of Consumer Information in Other Circumstances
Our Web Site
Our Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall that blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attacks and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to “hack” into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All communication between the web server and the member is digitally encrypted by an SSL certificate. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to “pick” information being passed across the Internet backbone.
Privacy of Children
Oklahoma Educators Credit Union does not intend to collect information from children under 13, however, the website does not prevent a minor from entering their personal information on loan applications, through internet banking services, or through e-mail. As with all visitors, under no circumstances will a child’s information be collected for the purpose of third-party marketing.
Member Only Areas (Online Banking, eStatements, and Oklahoma Educators CU mobile app)
Personal identification information (for example, account number, personal identification number (PIN), and password) is collected when a valid credit union member with active account(s) has registered to enter the secure online transactions area of our website. This personal identification information enables us to regulate access to those who request such access and can provide the correct personal information. To protect yourself, it is important that you keep your personal identification information confidential. Select PINs and passwords that are unique to you and not easily guessed, and if possible, change them periodically. Take care to see that others are not able to view the information you enter when you use a protected area of a website.
In our online advertising endeavors, Oklahoma Educators Credit Union may use Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, other Google services, Facebook, and other third-party sites which place cookies on a browser across the Oklahoma Educators Credit Union website(s). This cookie placement helps us increase the website’s general effectiveness for visitors. Cookies are set and read by Google, Facebook, and other third-party sites. You can opt out of Google tracking at any time by visiting the Google Ad Settings page. You can opt out of Facebook tracking at any time by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
Oklahoma Educators Credit Union may also use AdWords, Facebook, or other third-party remarketing, sometimes called retargeting, to market our website(s) across the Internet. Google, Facebook, or other third-party sites place a cookie on a browser. Google, Facebook, or third-party sites reads cookies and may present an Oklahoma Educators Credit Union ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of Google’s remarketing here. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies presenting ads by Google and other ad networks, you may visit a broader opt-out page at the Network Advertising Initiative. You may opt out of Facebook remarketing by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/
We provide online forms and applications to better serve the needs of our members. Personal information provided via an online form is used to process the member’s request for service. Our online forms are available directly via our secure internal network.
In general, Internet email messages are not secure, unless they are encrypted. You should use discretion before submitting any personal or financial information via email. Information communicated via email messages traveling through the Internet may be intercepted, collected, used, or disclosed by others. If you are concerned about the security of email communications, please send your forms or correspondence through the postal service or use the telephone to contact us directly. When you contact us by phone, we can provide you with a link to upload documents and communicate securely.
Your conversations on the live chat platform may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance, training, and compliance purposes. We may use these recordings to:
- Evaluate the performance of our customer service representatives.
- Ensure that our service meets regulatory and legal requirements.
- Improve our service by analyzing conversations and identifying areas for improvement.
By using this live chat service, you consent to the monitoring and recording of your conversations. Please note that any information you provide during these conversations may be collected and stored by us.
We understand that your privacy is important, and we take measures to protect your information. We will not disclose your conversations to any third parties except as required by law or in the case of a legitimate business need.